BEAUTY: Prom Season Yet?

12:02:00

Newcastle Upon Tyne, The Assembly Rooms.

Recently, I have had my end-of-year ball at university. Balls are a regular thing around this time of year and as we approach the British Prom season I am just itching to do a feature on Prom beauty! Of corse, makeup can be as natural or full-on as you like! After all it's your day. But, if your after a warm, smoky look- this one may be for you. 

For my university ball, the chosen venue was the Assembly Rooms in Newcastle's city centre. It was my first time here and I must say it was such a good choice; classy and sophisticated even if we did drink double vodkas all night rather than champers. 

So for my face,

I used MAC's Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage Primer. I have used this as a base for my skin for absolutely ageees now and it never fails me! On top of that I used another MAC favourite: Studio Fix fluid in NC15 for flawless coverage. 

Face: Mac Skin Base Visage, Mac Studio Fix Fluid NC15, Mac Studio Fix Concealer NW15, Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer- Ivory, Sleek Luminous Pressed Powder- Light, Benefit's Hoola, Mac's Soft and Gentle. 

To cover blemishes and any dark areas, I used MACs studio-fix concealer in NW15. On areas which did not need such a heavy-coverage, I used Rimmel's Wake me up Concealer in Ivory. This luminous drug-store product added not only a more liquid coverage but a healthy glow as well.

Next I went in with my brows. I stuck to my usual routine- MAC's Espresso for the main colour, MAC's Wedge for the inner brow and Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown to keep them in place. To clean up, I used some of the above studio fix concealer to add a bit more drama.

Eyes: Urban Decay: Primer Potion, Naked 1 Palette, MAC: Swiss Chocolate, Brun, Espresso, Mylar, Collection Liquid Liner, L'Oreal: Telescopic Mascara, Rimmel: Scandaleyes Black Eye Kohl. Brows: MAC: Espresso, Wedge, Maybelline: Brow Drama. 

For eyes, I primed first with Urban Decay's primer potion and then went in with MAC's Mylar to create a subtle bit of shimmer all across the lid. To add a bit of ombre I used the shade Naked in the Naked 1 palette and then Buck to add a darker brown to the outer corners. I also added in MAC's Swiss Chocolate to create a gorgeous warm glow with red-ish undertones.

For the smoky eye, I went in (heavy) with Creep and Gunmetal, also from Naked 1. These two added that bit of smokiness to the corners and underneath the lower lash-line. To add a bit of highlight, I used Sidecar (Naked 1) to add a warm highlight to my lid.

Finishing off, I lined my eyes with Collection's Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner (another oldie) and L'Oreal Paris' Telescopic Mascara. I did subtly line my water-line with a Scandaleyes Eye Kohl from Rimmel to add a lil extra smokiness.




Now Contour, I am forever using Benefit's Hoola for this job. I just love the stuff. I used this heavily on my cheekbones, under my jaw and anywhere else for bronzing. I did also use this to contour my nose and defined with either of the two concealers mentioned above. For highlight, I used, the one and only, Soft and Gentle from MAC and a touch of Benefit's Watts Up on my cupid's bow.

Picture from Instagram. (laubuckle_)


Finishing of with a mixture of MAC's Craving with a lil bit of Honeylove; I was good to go!


For my Ball outfit...

I went for a simple look. A Black dress, black heels and a marbled clutch. 


H&M Black Midi Dress
Primark Marble Clutch Bag



I paired these with old New Look, sandal styled, black heels. 

So there it is, my end-of-year ball look. If any of you have a Ball or Prom coming up, hope you have have an amazing night. I hope you enjoyed this post; if anyone wants any more features like this (beauty looks, event looks etc.) let me know in the comments!


Loves,






~ Check out my latest post on Parklife Festival here ~

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Neutral smokey eyes are a great look for balls, such an easy option to match anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! The perfect go-to look. Thank you for reading.

      Lau xx

      www.lifeofl4u.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. I love your makeup!

    Have a great day!
    xoSE
    http://www.sashaelizabeth.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you so much! Love your blog,

      Lau xx

      www.lifeofl4u.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  3. I love your makeup!

    Have a great day!
    xoSE
    http://www.sashaelizabeth.com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Copyright Laura Elizabeth Buckle 2017.