REVIEW: Parklife

14:34:00


Headliners, Major Lazer, @ Main Stage Sunday 12th, PARKLIFE FESTIVAL. Heaton Park, Manchester. 

So the recent weekend seen Parklife 2016 in Manchester's own Heaton Park and I feel like I've only just recovered. I was lucky enough to bag myself a ticket before the festival sold out so I thought why not give you a summary of the weekend and the blues I am now experiencing *cries*. 

Even though it was bloody miserable weather all weekend, I have already promised myself I'll be heading back next year.


2016 was actually my first year at Parklife and it really did not disappoint. If anyone is planning on heading there next year, it is the perfect festival for those who love the music but hate the whole camping situation. Anyways, we stayed in Piccadilly Gardens' Premier Inn which was literally a 5/10 minute walk (depending on if you know where your going...) to the shuttle bus services and Piccadilly itself. Obv, this was ideal for a quick McDonalds fix before heading to Heaton Park. 


Major Lazer, Main Stage PARKLIFE FESTIVAL, Heaton Park 2016. Sunday 12th. 
Unlike other festivals I've been to, like Leeds and Creamfields, I was a bit apprehensive about not camping because I do really love the camp-fire atmosphere at festivals. But MY GOD was I wrong. The hotel we stayed in was actually brill- very close to the centre and if you book enough in advance, it was very affordable. Like, come on, getting into a lush double bed after a day of trecking in mud was waaay better than slumming it in a tent. It was literally just a breath of fresh air to have all your clothes, makeup and what-not stored away and not scattered around everywhere. 

Diplo, Temple Stage. PARKLIFE FESTIVAL, Heaton Park, Manchester. Sunday 12th. 
The shuttle-bus services is also a must. Parklife puts on a Stagecoach bus service to Heaton Park on both days of the festival. I'm sure we paid around £10 (?) for the travel pass which we traded for a wristband on the Saturday morning. Not only did it save us god-knows-how-much on taxi fares, it also was much quicker and escaped all the closed roads in the city centre. 

Next up: Stormzy. Main Stage, Saturday 11th. PARKLIFE FESTIVAL, Heaton Park, Manchester. 2016.
And I can't forget how amaze the lineup was. At less than £100 for the weekend ticket, the acts they had in store was just ridiculous- you cannot argue with that value for money when we spend over £200 for most weekend festivals in rainy Britain. I just remember, when the lineup was released, thinking 'is that a joke???'; and then started counting down the days till. 

Below is who I managed to see: 

Saturday: Gorgon City, Stormzy, Sigma, Years and Years, Sub Focus, The Chemical Brothers, Bastille. 

Sunday: Patrick Topping B2B Ricky Ahmed, Diplo, Anime Edge & Dance, Annie Mac, Major Lazer. (Click the link to see a snippet)


The only thing that was a lil annoying (apart from the weather...) was the clashes in the lineup. Every festival has them and I get it, it's hard to give everyone their own individual slot. BUT. Annie Mac/DJ EZ, Diplo/Hannah Wants and Major Lazer/MK/Joris Voorn where the hardest decisions of the weekend. But I guess we had to just get on with it and get extra drunk to forget about who we were missing.

Typical Weather; PARKLIFE FESTIVAL, Heaton Park: Manchester 2016. 
Also, can someone remind me NOT to wear Adidas Superstars next year pls? What was I thinking ^. Basically, we all may as well of not did our makeup for the first day, or our hair. It rained ALL flippin' day to the point where everyone didn't care any more. 


Sigma. Main Stage. Saturday 11th, PARKLIFE FESTIVAL, Heaton Park, Manchester 2016. 
When the festival ended on a night, Parklife also puts on Afterlife events around the city where DJs continue into the early hours. We managed to get our hands on some Kaluki afterlife tickets at the Albert Hall where Jamie Jones and Eats Everything were headlining. BUT. We bloody missed last entry time :( I'm still sad about it. SO we trecked all the way to the Albert Hall to be turned away. Me and my boyfriend seen Hannah Wants in the Albert earlier this year so we were itching to go back but unfortunately we couldn't. 

Luckily the tickets were only £20 at first release so it wasn't TOO bad but I am just guttered about missing the acts. 




Annie Mac, Main Stage. PARKLIFE FESTIVAL, Heaton Park Manchester. Sunday 12th 2016. 
So, apart from the rain and missing Kaluki I literally had the most amazing weekend and I am absolutely guttered to be home. I honestly cant say a bad word about this festival. Personally, we had no major problems with queues, security or transport so overall it was a success. If your interested in what I wore for the weekend and my makeup looks, continue to the end of this post for deetz. 

Now for the mammoth wait before Creamfields. 


I hope you enjoyed this post! If anyone has any questions about the weekend or if you're thinking about going next year- hit me up in the comments below and I'll be happy to answer! 


Till next year Parklife.


Loves,








HIGHLIGHTS: 

The Elrow Tent for being complete madness. 
Being @ the front for Diplo's temple set. 
Seeing Annie Mac for the third time. 
And just having an insane time with my fave people. 




Sunday 12th:
Cream Zip Back Jumper- Primark.
Levis Vintage Shorts + Primark belt (no picture sorry)
Dr Martens 1460 Patent Leather boots.
Chocker- Self-made from ribbon.
Glasses: Primark also.

Face: MAC Studio Fix Foundation, Skin Base Visage, Benefit Hoola, MAC Plum Foolery Blush, Soft and Gentle Skin finish, Studio Fix Concealer NW15, Rimmel Wake me Up Ivory.
Brows: MAC Espresso, Wedge and Brun. Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown.
Eyes: MAC Heroine Lipstick, Chile Lipstick, Cranberry Eyeshadow, Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette, L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara, Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner Black, Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in 24k Gold for inner corners.
Lips: MAC Taupe + MAC Honeylove, Benefit Watts Up for cupids bow. Hoola Lip Plush.
Extras: Bare Minerals Illuminating Mineral Veil.
Saturday 11th- Sorry I didn't manage to get a good picture.
Tee: Urban Outfitters
Navy Jersey Dress: H&M
Glasses: Primark
Earrings: Primark also.
Jacket: Topshop
Shoes: Adidas Superstars Black Stripes.
Lipstick: MAC Brave.
~ half of my makeup is washed off on the above picture so there's absolutley zero point sharing tehe ~


~ Check out Premier Inn, Piccadilly Gardens for next year ~

~ Check out Parklife's Gallery and Highlights from the weekend ~





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

Copyright Laura Elizabeth Buckle 2017.