ESSENTIALS EDIT: Formal Events

11:31:00


This weekend I am attending my very first WEDDING. I can't quite believe I have went through almost 20 years of my life and never been to one! Anyways whilst my wedding virginity is going to be wiped clear, I also did a little (a lot) of well overdue shopping for it. And I thought, why not show which brands I am forever going back to for events like this. 

When it comes to Wedding Glam, I'm going for a neutral and natural look; light tanning, lightweight lashes and neutral nails. When it comes to lashes, there is one brand that never fails me; and which many of you will most likely agree with. Eylure is a brand I always turn to. Although I did stray a few months back to the Ardell range, I've recently found myself returning to an old favourite. 


For this particular event, they had sooo many suitable options, but I went for No. 116 Lengthening lashes. This being down to the fact that my lashes aren't the longest.. so a set of lengthening, natural looking lashes are perfect for the job. These paired with a neutral eyeshadow look will do me just fine.




When it comes to nails, I am so un-lady-like. I have the shortest nail beds known to man (probably) and I am one of those annoying people who just can't stop biting their nails, even though I have tried so hard. So, rather than seeking a professional service, like acrylics or gellish, I thought I'd return to another old favourite. I used to use Elegant Touch nails to death around 2 years ago and since I started my A-Levels and University I just lost all hope in my nails and never went back. It was actually in one of Zoella's recent favourite videos where I spotted these beauts and I just needed to try them again. 

The best thing about these is they are perfect for little hands and therefore, little nail-beds. They have so many gorgeous natural nails with different shapes- which would be perfect for nail-art if you're into that sorta thing. I went for the Totally Bare 002 Oval shape. I thought the oval shape would be a perfect shape for the elegance of a Wedding day. 




Continuing with the natural look, I went for this Ted Baker nail varnish, which unfortunately doesn't have a name or number. I was gifted this at around Christmas time in a set from Boots (I believe) and never really had chance to use it. It's a gorgeous, very sheer, pinky-nude. So I needed to apply a lot of coats. 

Then to add a nice shine to my nails I used my all time favourite Sally Hansen Diamond Strength hardener. Yes, I know this is a care product and used to strengthen nails- but it is also excellent as a top coat. Sally Hansen is again another brand I am forever going back to. Whether that be nail polish or nail care, I always find myself loving their products over and over again. 


Finished product! As you can probably tell, this is what I mean about my little... or should I say tiny.. hands. But the nails fit well and don't appear too large for my nail-beds, which is great. If you have hands like mine, definitely check the Elegant Touch range out. They have plenty of sizes which will be suited to a large range of people. 

Thank you for reading! If you want to know any outfit details for the weekend then please let me know in the comments below and I'll be sure to take lots of pictures. I have also linked all the products into this post. 


Have a brilliant day!


Lots of love,







Eylure HERE
Elegant Touch HERE
Sally Hansen HERE
Topshop Necklace Featured HERE

Catch me on: 

 ~

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. The eyelashes look so pretty! x

    http://beauty-voguex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only ever been to one wedding and I was too small to be able to get excited about it aha! Will have to try those elegant touch nails, they look so natural.
    Beth x
    Beth Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're beautiful and such an ideal length!

      Lau
      Life Of Lau

      xx

      Delete
  3. It's so hard to believe that I'm already at the age where all my friends are getting married! I love weddings, especially wedding food >_< I've never used Eylure before, but will keep an eye on it when I go shopping for lashes next time. Your nails are beautiful, I'm so jealous haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a brilliant time! And definitely check out Eylure, their lashes are lush. Thank you!

      Lau
      Life Of Lau

      xx

      Delete
  4. Look at your nails, they are sooo perfect!!

    Liz
    www.liznroad.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I'm in love with them!

      Lau
      Xx

      Delete
  5. Hope you have fun at the wedding!! That's crazy you've never been to one haha but I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Would love if you could check out my recent post? Also my instagram is @louisefrancescaa if you want to follow eachother! X

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thank you it was wonderful! Thank you for reading, I'll definitely head over to your blog now! X

      Lau
      Xx

      Delete
  6. Those nails are so pretty! I never thought they could look so natural, I always skip them because I am so scared of them falling off, but they look gorgeous on you, now I really want to try them since I can't have long nails at work.

    Cy | Dulce de Mango

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always the same! I work in a restaurant part-time whilst at University and I can never have bright/long nails so these work perfectly. Definitely check them out! Thank you for reading,

      Lau xx
      Life Of Lau

      Delete
  7. I'm sure you will look great in them! Can'T wait to see pics! Would love if you can link up to http://the-wardrobe-stylist.com/2016/07/24/losing-baby-weight-4-pregnancies-3-kids-later-episode-3/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Copyright Laura Elizabeth Buckle 2017.