BEAUTY HACK: Lipstick for Eyeshadow ???

23:00:00


Hola,

I thought I'd update with a look I have been repeating over and over again recently. And, as it says in the title... yes it involves using lipsticks as eye shadows. I'm not sure if any of you have tried this out before, but all I can say is, that this is such a clever trick and when it comes to long-lasting colour, lipstick definitely wins. 

So where did this come from? Well.. it all goes back to the good-ol' colour wheel. OK yawn... this may sound pretty boring, but understanding which eyeshadow/colour will make your eyes *POP* will really make a difference to a makeup look. For example, personally, I have blue eyes, so warm tones such as oranges, reds and even pinks really make my eyes stand out. (a really fab eyeshadow for blue eyes is MAC's Cranberry- a perfect shimmery pink- which really makes blue eyes look amazing).


So, for my colour, I have forever been trying to get my hands on the Morpe 35W Warm Eye Palette which includes lots of warm toned reds/purples/oranges, perfect for me. But in skint times, the next best must do. Which is ... lipstick. I have quite an obsession with lipsticks, particularly MAC ones, so I have a wide range of neutral, classic and wacky colours to choose from. 


But, ok, I'm not a guru of skincare, and I'm not even sure whether using lipstick on the eyes is damaging, but it works!


For this first look, I used MAC's Russian Red partnered with Taupe. Of corse, I will leave all products used in this post below if anyone is interested.




- NAKED 1 Palette - Naked all over the lid, Buck into the crease to add depth, Russian Red to add a small initial warmth, Taupe to mute the brightness of the red and add further darkness (I wanted to make this a subtle, yet warm, look), MAC's Brun into the crease and under-eye for extra darkness, NAKED 1 Hustle to add a pink sheen, Toasted on top for a further purple/pink finish, Sidecar to add shimmer, Sin for under-brow highlight and inner corner of eye, Russian Red underneath the lower lash line. L'Oreal Telescopic for Mascara. Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Kohl in Black for waterline. 

This second look takes me back to my trip to Parklife Festival back in June. 2016 was my first year at this non-camping festival and I absolutely loved it. This makeup was from the second day of the event and I used both MAC's Heroine and Chile lipsticks on my eyes. If you want to check out my views on Parklife with pictures, lineup info etc. check out my blog-post here.



- MAC Wedge all over the lid, Naked 1 Palette Neutrals to add some colour, MAC Chile lipstick to add initial warmth, MAC Heroine lipstick to add that gorgeous purple colour, Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in 25K Gold for the inner corners, MAC Mylar for under brow highlight, Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner in Black for eyeliner, L'Oreal Telescopic for mascara, MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow to add pink shimmer, Rimmel Scandaleyes Black Eye Kohl for lash line and under eye. 


So this is what I've been experimenting with recently. One huge benefit about using lipstick is lipstick is a lot more stickier than eyeshadow- so any glitter/shimmer will stick easily and appear a lot more vivid- which is always good!

Thank you so much for reading, hope you've enjoyed this post and have a wonderful day/night wherever you are. 


Also hope I'm not the only Olympic nerd out there- I've just finished watching the Woman's Gymnastics final and it was amazing. Simone Biles (USA) has just blew me away. 


Anyways, 


Lots of Love, 












Catch me on: 

~ Check out my most recent review on NIVEA MEN'S POST SHAVE BALM aka New Hype Primer- here~

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Your makeup looks absolutely amazing <3 I try my best to stay away from too much eye makeup because my lids are so oily, everything just starts to melt off halfway through the day.

    www.thewanderingkitsune.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thankyou! Mine creases sometimes, especially in the warm weather with a lot of eye product on. A good eye-lid-primer sorts me out.

      Thank you for reading,

      Lau xx
      www.lifeofl4u.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. Great post! I'm aware that this is totally off topic but your brows gurl!! Slay! Glad I found your blog through bloglovin! x

    www.lexilife95.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Copyright Laura Elizabeth Buckle 2017.