BEAUTY: Ombre Experimentin'

14:27:00






Today I sported one of my favourite, timeless Red lipsticks- Russian Red. I have always been a Russian Red girl over Ruby Woo when it comes to MAC and I still love it. Earlier this afternoon, I was scrolling through Instagram when I seen the #MACMishMash hashtag- which has been going around for a while now- involving loads of experimentation with MAC products and an ombre lip caught my eye. Although I am most likely not to wear a bright ombre, I thought I'd have a bit of fun and add a bit of life and colour to today.


So I started with MAC's Russian Red. This ombre is mixed with a little bit of the Lasting Perfection Concealer from Collection to create a blank canvas in the centre of my lips and then my favourite Maybelline Colour Sensational matte lip in Nude Embrace no. 930. I think out of the four this is the most wearable but it's still so classy. The use of concealer helps so much so if you're thinking of sporting an ombre lip then that helps a lot. 


Ok so the next is a mixture of MAC's Sin and Heroine. Both colours, for me, are a bit wacky but out of all four I am the most pleased with the finish of this. Although it's a bit cray, the matte finish and colouring of the two shades really compliment each other. 


The above is another MAC combo: Craving and Snob. I know I seem to be saying every MAC lippy in this post is my favourite but I can't get enough of these two either. Snob is the perfect girly shade and craving is the perfect plum.



Calling all girly-girls. This ombre is a mixture of Rimmel Kate Moss no. 20 and 28. I even added a little bit of MAC's Soft and Gentle on top to add an extra sparkle. I still absolutely adore the Kate Moss collection and her newest range keeps tempting me even more every time I find myself in Boots. But unfortunately these lipsticks seem to gather beneath my bed and hardly get used. I have no idea why, because I love them. So it was lovely to finally use and experiment with these beauts again. 

Thank you for reading. This post is short and sweet but I thought I'd show the fun I've been having. Hope you've also made the most of your Monday even if it's as miserable as mine. I will leave all details, links and prices of each product below if anyone is interested. 

Lots of love,


Maybelline Colour Sensational Nude Embrace 930: £6.99
MAC Lipsticks: £15.50
Listed above: Russian Red, Craving, Snob, Heroine, Sin.
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Soft and Gentle: £24.00
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer: £4.19
Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks: £5.49
Listed above: 28, 20.


Catch me on: 

Instagram : laubuckle_

Check out my Newest Beauty Essentials post HERE for products I have been loving recently. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. lovely post all the shades look gorgeous on you!!
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Copyright Laura Elizabeth Buckle 2017.