My BOYFRIEND is part Matilda !!!???

17:24:00




Happy Monday!

Late last night I arrived back in Newcastle after a huge 'treat yo self' weekend in Manchester visiting my boyfriend. After an evening meal in Turtle Bay and a few lanes at Dog Bowl on Saturday night (highly recommend btw), we woke up on Sunday with a full day to totally chillllax and what better way than to spend it with Pancakes and an OJ Simpson Netflix binge?

I missed the whole Pancake day hype because I simply didn't have the ingredients *cries* so even the thought of belated pancakes got me sooo excited. And when it comes to Pancakes, there's no point leaving the house because I'm sure my boyfriend James is half-Matilda when it comes to the art.

 So, the recipe.

We roughly followed one from the BBC, on their Food website, which will make you a batch of Fluffy All American Pancakes and they did not disappoint. If I'm completely honest... we didn't have an effective measurer at hand but when it comes to these pancakes it's all about consistency- the thicker the better!

You'll need:

- 135g of Plain Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 130ml of Milk
- 1 large Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp of melted butter, cooled

Not going to lie, I left James doing the whole 'foodie' side of things because I am absolutely hopeless in the kitchen; I usually stick to the cleaning and washing up (yawn I know). But really I have no excuse because the BBC FOOD recipe is a simple as can be; we just made the pancakes into a large stack, drowned them in Maple Syrup and added two Maple Sausages and Streaky Bacon on top. True American Style!

And this is how they came out, though, they didn't last long! Have I died and went to Pancake HEAVEN?? Jamie Oliver eat your heart out! Absolutely 10/10.

We used ASDA's Extra Special Maple and Bacon Sausages: perfect for a savoury/sweet combination, Clarks' Original Maple Syrup, ASDA Unsmoked Streaky Bacon and 'I can't believe it's not Butter': for topping! Everything else (including guidance and tips) are all in the BBC FOOD recipe so check it out.

Tip to self for next time:
A handful of strawberries/raspberries/blueberries and ice-cream to make a sweet alternative.

I honestly didn't think I'd take to this savory/sweet combo as well as I did because I always opt for the (traditional not boring) lemon and sugar or a mix of summer berries... but the addition of sausages and bacon has really put a spanner in the works!


Hope you enjoyed this post! A little different from the usual thing but I just needed to share how amazing these were: thanks James!



If your in Manchester or Liverpool hit up 'Moose Coffee' which also does amazing pancakes, waffles and everything 'breakfasty' if you don't want to try these yourself: the Moose really is the master of the American 'style'. We have promised ourselves we'll visit next time when we have saved some pennies!

And 10/10 to Dog Bowl and Turtle Bay for our Saturday evening too: I opted for the 1/2 Jerk Chicken in Coconut Jerk rub with slaw and Sweet Potato Fries and the Dark Chocolate baked brownie for dessert! Washed down with their Rum Punch cocktail <3


Hope you have a wonderful Monday,


Loves,







DISCLAIMER: This recipe is not my own, it is owned by the BBC Food Network. You can visit their page > here < for this recipe and many others.

Other mentions: NQ, Turtle Bay Manchester, Moose Coffee, York Street MCR, Dale Street LVPL and Dog Bowl, Whitworth Street, Manchester.




Catch me on:



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I laughed at the title, these pictures look gorgeous they are making me so hungry!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were lush! You should give them a go one time, thanks for reading Lauren.
      - Lau xx

      Delete
  2. I love that maple syrup! The pancakes look tasty too. We made a load of thin English ones on pancake day, but I may check out this recipe as we still have some eggs left. Did you mean an OJ Simpson Netflix binge?

    Josh
    http://www.lookdwn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they were great you should deffos try the recipe! And yes typo hahaha... how embarrassing! Thanks for reading,
      - Lau x
      Life Of Lau

      Delete
  3. yess Lau, I loved this post and recipe; I did a pancake recipe too on my blog but I'll give this one a try. The bacon is making my mouth water there! xx
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie xx
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go, they're so tasty! Thanks for reading girl,
      Loves,
      Lau xx

      Delete

Subscribe

Copyright Laura Elizabeth Buckle 2017.