BEAUTY: A Charlotte Tilbury FOTD.

14:05:00


First Impressions FOTD!

Happy Monday guys and gals. 

Back at it with a first-impressions FOTD today. For this I went all out with Charlotte Tilbury as collectively between myself and my Mam we have quite a few items from her range and a lot of them happen to be products I haven't tried before. So I used everything Tilbury to produce a spring-inspired, natural but glowy look. 





Continue reading if you want to find out how to create this FOTD featuring her Magic Foundation, Wonder Glow, Filmstar Bronze and Glow, Magic Cream, Dolce Vita Palette, Colour Chameleon, Lipstick in Sexy Sienna and The Retoucher Concealer.  


Okay, so bare-face alert. First of all I'm using the Wonder Glow for both underneath and on top of my makeup for that extra glowy-ness. This is an 'instant soft-focus beauty flash' cream which basically just primes and adds a little extra luminosity to your skin. First impressions are pretty neutral, nothing crazy just a very light weight cream product with a subtle gold shimmer. Lush! 



So next, I went in with the Magic Foundation in Shade Medium Honey (05). This was my first time using any Charlotte Tilbury face products and I had really high expectations. But what an amazing foundation. So light-weight but provides necessary, buildable coverage and makes your skin look completely pore-less. I did have tan on when I did this FOTD so the shade matched well but without tan I am the palest of pale so I would definitely go for a lighter shade without tan. 

I also used the Retoucher Concealer in Medium (03) to cover up my dark-circles and any blemishes I have. I know this product is a two-in-one luminosity product, which might explain my opinion, but this concealer isn't the best for coverage. In the end I had to go back to my holy-grail concealer, the Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair 1 to conceal my nose, under-eyes, cupid's bow and eye-lids to create a clean base. This might just be me however, I love a high coverage concealer. Anyways, overall impressions, pretty meh. Leaves a lovely glow but for coverage, it's not for me. 



Next I filled in my brows as usual (MAC Espresso, Maybelline Brow Drama, LA Girl Pro Conceal in Porcelain and MAC Wedge) and began baking with Rimmel's Stay Matte powder in Transparent. Yes... I know this isn't Charlotte Tilbury but sometimes u gotta stick to what u know! I've only recently started baking and I am never going back. I always struggled with creasing, specifically on my eyelids, and I don't know why I left it this late to try it? 


Ok, so this isn't a first-impressions. I love this little beauty SO much. This is the Dolce Vita Palette by Tilbury and is perfect for getting that glowy, natural glam look. I used the ivory shade all across the lid, under the brow bone and in the inner corner. I then used the top right shade to add colour into the crease and the gold ever so slightly to add a subtle shimmer.


For this look, I just went for a subtle gradient across the lid which looks really natural but still very noticeable on the eye. If I was making more of an impact with this look I would of definitely added the darker shade into the corner to add definition and a flick of eyeliner. Not a clear picture with this, but I also used the Colour Chameleon in Bronzed Garnet underneath my eyes and across my waterline which is always a lovely product to use.

When it comes to contour, I used the infamous Filmstar Bronze and Glow in shade fair/medium. I have forever wanted to get my hands on this so finally getting to try it out was great. It's a very subtle matte bronzer but perfect for a glowy look. I am completely devoted to my Hoola but this really did impress me. The highlighter is also very subtle in comparison to some of the other highlighters I've tried but again, I can't fault it, it's absolutely gorgeous on the skin and very buildable. 


OK so another cheat.. I used a Bobbi Brown blush. But it's sooo beautiful I couldn't resist. This shade is Dessert Pink which is a gorgeous rose pink colour. The finish is matte which didn't make my face too shimmery. Before I applied the lip I also went in with the Lip Magic cream to prime. 



So here's the finished look. I used Sexy Sienna (tagged matte finish- couldn't find the glossed version?) and finished it with a little bit of liner. I absolutely love this lip shade although it's not something I would usually go for but I love a pop of colour for the Spring! The formula is also great.

Soooo there we have it! The finished look. 

I absolutely love spending forever on my makeup and really taking my time with it. Although this look is fairly simple, I still enjoyed taking my time and appreciating the products. 

When it comes to Charlotte Tilbury, I can't get enough of her. Although I did do a post regarding the price, I think some of the products (Magic Foundation, Lipsticks and Palettes) are totally worth it. I've never really done a full face post before so if anyone wants to see a full face of another brand, for example MAC, I would really love too!

Thank you so much for reading and getting to the end of this, quite wordy, post.
I really hope you enjoyed this look and have the most wonderful weekend. 


Whats your favourite Charlotte Tilbury product?

Loves,








Catch me on:

Bloglovin: Lau Elizabeth (lifeofl4u) 


Wanna see a full face of Charlotte Tilbury? Click here
How about my FAVOURITE liquid lip? Click here

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This is such a pretty look. I love the lip shade. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordan and thanks for reading.
      - Lau xx
      Life Of Lau

      Delete
  2. I love that make up! It looks great xxx
    http://fallingforablog.blogspot.com.es/2017/04/zaful-wishlist-getting-ready-for.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, glad you like it! Thanks for reading,
      -Lau xx

      Delete
  3. The foundation made your skin look lovely, I'll have to try it out. Oh my god, your brows! I love them! They are so bold and beautiful! <3

    Cy | Dulce de Mango

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Cy! It's such a lovely formula and feels so lightweight! You should definitely check it out if that sounds like something you'd like. Thank you for reading, hope you have a wonderful day!

      - Lau
      Life Of Lau

      Delete

Subscribe

Copyright Laura Elizabeth Buckle 2017.